- Online Services Pay Fines, Case Lookup...
- Forms & FeesForms, Fee Schedule...
- Self-Help Get Help, Info, FAQs...
- Divisions Civil, Criminal, Family...
- General Info Local Rules, ADA, Maps...
- Administration Information
- Children's Waiting Rooms
- Civil Grand Jury
- Community Outreach
- Contact Us
- Court Technology
- Courthouse Directions
- Guidelines-Professional Conduct
- Holiday Schedule
- Human Resources/Employment
- Judicial Assignments
- Local Rules
- Mint Cafe
- News & Media
- Presiding Judge Master Calendar
- Temporary Judge Program
Civil Harassment Restraining Orders
The ACCESS Center can show you how to fill out the forms you will need, explain the filing process, and help you prepare for Court. A restraining order is a court order that orders someone to:
- Not contact you in any way
- Stay away from you, your home (unless you are roommates), and your work.
You can ask the Court for a civil harassment restraining order if you are worried about your safety because you are:
- Assaulted or sexually assaulted
By someone with whom you do not have an intimate or familial relationship.
The ACCESS Center can show you how to fill out the forms you will need, explain the filing process, and help you prepare for Court
More information is available at http://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-abuse.htm/
If you want protection from someone you are:
- Dating (or used to date);
- Married to (or were married to); or
- Closely related to (like a parent, child, brother or sister, grandparent, or grandchild).
If you have a child with, or have dated, or had a romantic relationship with the person you want protection from, or if you are closely related to that person, you will need to file a Domestic Violence Restraining Order in the Family Law Department. For help, you must go to:
Civic Center Courthouse
400 McAllister Street, Room 009
San Francisco, CA 94102
If you are 65 or older and are being abused physically, emotionally and/or financially by someone, call Legal Assistance to the Elderly at (415) 538-3333 for help with an Elder Abuse Restraining Order.