• CA Courts Self-Help Center
• Cortes de California Centro de Ayuda
• Local Forms
• State Forms
• Local Rules of Court
• Children’s Waiting Room
• Community Legal Referrals for Low-Income San Francisco Residents
• San Francisco Department of Child Support Services
• The Bar Association of San Francisco
• Cooperative Restraining Order Clinic (CROC)
Thursday, October 14, 2021
The ACCESS Center will be CLOSED on Thursday, October 14, 2021 for staff training. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The ACCESS Center will re-open on Monday, October 18, 2021. Please visit the ACCESS Webpage: https://www.sfsuperiorcourt.org/self-help
NOTICE: For information on rent relief (help paying past due rent), please see: Housing is Key
- State Landlord/Tenant Self-Help
- Eviction Defense Collaborative: (415) 947-0797
- Bar Association of San Francisco: (415) 989-1616
- Bay Area Legal Aid Phone: (800) 551-5554
- La Raza Centro Legal Phone: (415) 575-3500
- CA State Bar Association Phone: (866) 442-2529
Legal Self-Help at the San Francisco Superior Court
Self-help services for family law matters and non-family law cases are available for self-represented Court customers. The ACCESS Center can give you legal information and/or referrals to other resources to help you represent yourself. We cannot provide you legal advice.
• The ACCESS Center is available to help both parties to a case, which means we may also help the other side in your case.
• We do NOT represent you, will NOT act as your lawyer, and your meetings with us are not private. This means that what you tell the ACCESS Center is NOT confidential.
• We can help with general information and instructions with San Francisco cases only and when appropriate, we may give you referrals for other resources.
• We are not able to assist or answer questions for third parties or family members, including attorneys, law firms, document preparers and paralegal services.
• Communications between you and the ACCESS Center are not confidential. You may want to consult with your own attorney if you want personalized advice or strategy, to have a confidential conversation, or to be represented by an attorney in court.
• ACCESS Staff cannot advise, strategize, go to court on your behalf, nor speak to a judge to discuss your case. Contact the (BASF) Bar Association of San Francisco’s Lawyer Referral Service at (415) 989-1616 to hire an attorney, and/or to see if you qualify for a low fee or free attorney.