• CA Courts Self-Help Center
• Cortes de California Centro de Ayuda
• Local Forms
• State Forms
• Local Rules of Court
• Children’s Waiting Room
• Community Legal Referrals for Low-Income San Francisco Residents
• San Francisco Department of Child Support Services
• The Bar Association of San Francisco
• Cooperative Restraining Order Clinic (CROC)
Legal Self-Help at the San Francisco Superior Court
Self-help services for family law matters and non-family law cases are available for self-represented Court customers. The ACCESS Center can give you legal information and/or referrals to other resources to help you represent yourself. We cannot provide you legal advice.
• The ACCESS Center is available to help both parties to a case, which means we may also help the other side in your case.
• We do NOT represent you, will NOT act as your lawyer, and your meetings with us are not private. This means that what you tell the ACCESS Center is NOT confidential.
• We can help with general information and instructions with San Francisco cases only and when appropriate, we may give you referrals for other resources.
• We are not able to assist or answer questions for third parties or family members, including attorneys, law firms, document preparers and paralegal services.
• Communications between you and the ACCESS Center are not confidential. You may want to consult with your own attorney if you want personalized advice or strategy, to have a confidential conversation, or to be represented by an attorney in court.
• ACCESS Staff cannot advise, strategize, go to court on your behalf, nor speak to a judge to discuss your case. Contact the (BASF) Bar Association of San Francisco’s Lawyer Referral Service at (415) 989-1616 to hire an attorney, and/or to see if you qualify for a low fee or free attorney.