- Online Services Pay Fines, Case Lookup...
- Forms & FeesForms, Fee Schedule...
- Self-Help Get Help, Info, FAQs...
- Divisions Civil, Criminal, Family...
- General Info Local Rules, ADA, Maps...
- Administration Information
- Children's Waiting Rooms
- Community Outreach
- Contact Us
- Court Technology
- Courthouse Directions
- Guidelines-Professional Conduct
- Holiday Schedule
- Human Resources/Employment
- Judicial Assignments
- Local Rules
- Mint Cafe
- News & Media
- Presiding Judge Master Calendar
- Temporary Judge Program
The Clerk’s Office - Public Viewing Room
400 McAllister St., Room 103
San Francisco, CA 94102-4514
Customer Service: (415) 551-3802
Hours of Operation
8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday - Friday, excluding Court holidays.
8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Monday - Friday, excluding Court holidays.
Know Before You Go:
The Clerk's Office provides access to information related to Limited and Unlimited Civil, Probate/Wills, and Family Law case files. For all other cases (Criminal, Small Claims and Traffic), contact those court departments directly.
The clerks can assist or provide you with:
- Use of computers for case search and inquiry
- Use of microfilm and microfiche machines
- Requests to view files
- Requests for photocopies, certified copies of dissolution (divorce), and requests for off-site/warehouse file retrieval
- Copies of court forms for a fee
They cannot assist or provide you with:
- Legal advice (GC 24004, CCP 6125)
- Filling out court forms
Need Legal Help?
Looking for case information?
- Some Civil, Small Claims, Probate, and Family Law (by case number only) cases can be accessed on the Court’s Civil Case Inquiry & information page.
Need to request copies by mail?
- Read and fill out the Research Request form for further instructions.
Before starting your file search, please be aware that you may not have access to the following:
- Sealed/Confidential Records
- Case files in-use by the Court
It is a Felony to remove files and documents from the Clerk’s Office and any of its facilities. It is also a criminal act to steal, destroy, mutilate, deface, alter or falsify any files or documents, Pursuant to G.C. 6200/6201.
- Copy Policies
- If your request for copies is less than five pages and the court file is on-site, your request will be processed while you wait.
- If your request for copies is more than six pages, it may take 12 to 15 court days to process your request.
- Exemplification requests may take 12 to 15 working days to process.
- File Review Policy
- You must deposit a valid, government-issued photo identification card with the clerk in order to view case files. There are no exceptions.
- Off-Site/Warehouse File Retrieval Policy
- If your case is at least two years old, it is possible that your file is located off-site. To view your file, you must fill out a warehouse request card and pay the $12 retrieval fee (per Local Rule 2.10). It will take five to ten working days to process your request. You will be issued a receipt with the date to come back and view your file.
|Certifying a copy of paper, record, or proceeding on file (plus copy fee)||GC 70626(a)(4)||$ 25|
|Preparing a copy of any record, proceeding or paper on file (per page)||GC 70627(a)||$ 0.50|
|Searching records or files, for each search longer than 10 minutes||GC 70627(c)||$ 15|
|Exemplification of record or other paper on file||GC 70628||$ 50|
|Certified copy of marriage or domestic partnership dissolution (divorce) record||GC 70674||$ 15|
|Standard Retrieval per Case Number||Local Rule 2.10||$12|
- Civil and probate Judicial Council and local court forms may be purchased in the Clerk's Office, Civic Center Courthouse, Room 103 - Public Viewing Room. See fee schedule below.
- Family Law Judicial Council and local court forms may be purchased in Room 103 – Public Viewing of the Civic Center Courthouse.
- Civil, Probate, and Family Law Judicial Council forms and some local court forms may be printed at no cost from the Forms & Fees page.
- Name change, Name and Gender Change, and Small Claims packets may be printed at no cost from the Forms & Fees page.
- Requests for forms by mail may be sent to:
- San Francisco Superior Court
Attn: Forms Clerk
400 McAllister St., Dept. 103
San Francisco, CA 94102-451
- San Francisco Superior Court
Please include the following with your request:
1. Form name and/or number;
2. Self-addressed stamped envelope; and
3. A check made payable to "San Francisco Superior Court" indicating "Not to exceed $20.00" on the MEMO line. Leave the payment amount blank.
|Copies of Judicial Council Forms and Local Forms
|Local Rule 2.10||$0.50**|
|Name Change Forms Packet||Local Rule 2.10||$4.50**|
|Name and Gender Change Forms Packet||Local Rule 2.10||$4.50**|
|Small Claims Forms Packet||Local Rule 2.10||$9.00**|
**LOCAL RULE 2.10: Fees For Certain Court Services or Products. Pursuant to CRC 10.815, the Court may charge a reasonable fee not to exceed the Court's cost of providing the following products and services: forms, information materials, publications, off-site retrieval and return of documents to the off-site storage facility, and postage. These fees are published in the Court's fee schedule.