Limited & Unlimited Jurisdiction
400 McAllister St., Room 103A
San Francisco, CA 94102-4514
Hours of Operation: 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (except Court holidays)
The Default Unit processes the following:
UD-possession Judgements; UD-Money Judgements; Stipulated Judgments; Auto Deficiency; Common Counts- Open Book; Subrogation; Claim & Delivery; Bad Checks; Contracts; Personal Injury- Property Damage; 998 Offer to Compromise; Renewal of Judgement; Summary Judgements; Sister State Judgments; and Confession of Judgment (CCP 1132). The Default Unit also schedules the hearing date for Default Prove-Up.
Email: [email protected] if you need to contact the Default unit. Include the case number, case name, Judgement type and your status request in the body of the email.
DEFAULT PROVE-UP INFORMATION
Default Judgment Prove-up Calendar is heard in Department 514 on TUESDAYS and THURSDAYS at 9:00 a.m.
Prove-Up hearing dates are obtained at the time of the submission of the motion to the Court. Cases mandated to e-filing must e-file the motion without a hearing date. It is recommended that if you have three (3) preferred dates, 60 to 90 days out, utilize the notes option. The clerk will select and schedule the hearing in accordance with CCP § 1005 and available calendar space. Courtesy copies of Default Prove-Up to be heard in Department 514 must be submitted with the clerk at the Default Window, Room 103. The fee for the noticed motion is $60. The fee to file a request to waive the appearance of witness is $20; by ex parte application is $60.
The moving party may obtain a copy of the filed motion with the hearing date from the Court’s website at http://www.sfsuperiorcourt.org/online-services; select case query and enter the last six (6) digits of the case number; highlight the document needed and select “View Document”.
DID YOU KNOW?
• Cases mandated to e-filing MUST be submitted electronically unless the party is a pro per (Effective 12/8/14 cases mandated to e-filing MUST be submitted electronically unless the party is a pro per).
• UD matters involving restitution- default packet dropped off by 10:00 am will be ready for pick-up after 3 p.m. the following Court day.
• One of the main reasons a Default Judgment is rejected is due to ‘typos.' Please check your information on line 1a, 1b, and 1c on your CIV-100 form and make sure it matches the summons and complaint.
• Many forms and checklists for requesting default judgments can now be utilized by going to http://www.sfsuperiorcourt.org/forms-filing - on the Forms & Fees page; select the appropriate form or checklist.
• Most documents are imaged and are available for viewing by going to http://www.sfsuperiorcourt.org/online-services; go to case query to view your case, with the exception of UD cases that are restricted